Building security is critically important for homes and businesses alike. Your building is a major investment, and you don’t want to compromise the security of your family, possessions or business equipment. If you think you might need additional security at your home or business, you should consider adding a video door phone to your building.
Video door phone system installation in Detroit, MI is a cost-effective, reliable and easy-to-use method for increasing the security of your building. The benefits of video door phones are many and varied:
- See and hear visitors without opening your door: People inside your home or business are able to both see and hear visitors at the door without having to go to the door. The choice to answer is left entirely up to you.
- Safely determine the nature of the visit: There’s nothing quite like seeing a stranger on your doorstep. Video door phones allow you to interact with a person standing at your front door from the safety of your home or business, allowing you to determine whether their visit warrants face-to-face interaction.
- Observe suspicious activity in safety: Rather than cowering in fear if something out of the ordinary seems to be occurring just outside your home, you can safely observe the activities of trespassers or would-be intruders from a distance. This allows you to call the police and provide useful information in the event of an attempted break-in.
- Put the interior monitor anywhere you like: For people who spend most of their time in one place that’s not near the door, one of the advantages of a video door phone is the ability to situate the interior monitor at a convenient location. This prevents unnecessary and annoying trips to the door.
- Good for the elderly or disabled: For people who may have a difficult time getting to the door quickly, or at all, a video door phone allows them to both see who’s there and alert potential visitors that they intend to answer the door, but that it might take a minute.
- Beats other forms of security: Many businesses find themselves forced to hire a private security guard to monitor activity at their doors during odd hours. Installing a video door phone is substantially less expensive, and allows you to interact with potential guests yourself, rather than going through a middleman.
As you can see, the benefits of a video door phone are considerable. However, before installing a system, there are some important things you’ll want to take into consideration. For example, the placement of the door phone may depend on the characteristics of your building, particularly in terms of how the door area is affected by weather conditions. Consult with a professional to avoid damage or ineffectiveness due to direct sunlight, exposure to precipitation or other adverse conditions.
Riverside Telecom, LLC deals in only the finest phone system installations in Detroit, MI. If you have questions about what a new video door phone system can do to enhance the security of your home or business, call us today.